Thursday, July 31, 2008

Still Waters

In keeping with the somewhat nautical theme I chose for this blog, here are a few watery pics to begin it.
While wandering aimlessly around lower Manhattan one day last summer, I unexpectedly came upon the waterfront. Saw the Statue of Liberty off in the distance, with the sun gleaming off the water, snapped this photo.

It was a hot & hazy day and I had to zoom in to get a larger image, but overall, I think it came out pretty nice.





Whew! Had to stand on my head to get this picture.


The Empire State Plaza in Albany, NY.

Used a blue filter setting on the camera to make the water stand out more.






Strange looking watercraft spotted on the Hudson River one recent day. Looks homemade to me.

But at least they had the foresight to make a shelf to hold their beer coolers.

No comments: